2015 has been a tough AND wonderful year, I lived the dream of seeing “Rocks in My Pockets” and my soundtrack on the run for the Academy Awards, I wrote music for 2 different features, a primetime Series for the Italian Tv, a documentary and a lot of short movies. Not to mention the fact that I won the Colonne Sonore Awards and received a bunch of nominations to other prizes…
BUT the things I’m most proud of are all linked to my daily habits and not to my job (that is in fact JUST a job…)
– I’ve started to eat healthier (less meat, more vegetables and fruit, no more sugar and welcome honey, more water and practically no sodas)
– I’ve started to practice Yoga almost every day
– I’ve started to play Tennis (in a very bad way)
– And the thing I’m most proud of… I’ve started to practice Meditation on a daily basis (first thing in the morning)
And I’m trying to keep up my cultural/academic habits following the famous Truffaut quote “Three films a day, three books a week and records of great music would be enough to make me happy to the day I die.” (Well let’s say about a movie a day, a record a day – no mp3 or streaming – and a couple of books each month).
Those things really changed my life for the better…and my music, my professional choices and the quality of my works.
My resolutions for this year are almost the same as the last one… I will try to keep this wonderful new schedule… let’s add:
– Starting to play Chess
– Being more focused on living happy and writing beautiful music than being obsessed with my career
– Getting back to playing live (from time to time…)
– Spending less and less time in front of a PC screen and more with a pencil and some paper and real musicians.
Happy New Year Everyone!