SHORT BIO BIOGRAFIA IN ITALIANO
He is a Piano and Flute player with Classical and Jazz Background studies, with credits for Movies and Tv shows, Documentaries, Animation projects.
From 2010 Sensini received a total of 9 Nominees for Best Score (categories Feature Film, Documentaries, Promotion, Best Song, Best Short) at the Jerry Goldsmith International Film Music Award.
In 2013 he won the Global Music Award for the soundtrack of the horror movie “Hyde’s Secret Nightmare”
In 2014 he won the ColonneSonore Award for the soundtrack of the Animation Movie “Rocks in My Pockets”. The movie and his soundtrack were candidates at the 2015 Academy Awards.
In 2020 he won the Global Music Award for his solo album “KuartetS
Sensini studied at Conservatory “G. Rossini” (Italy) composition, arrangements, piano and classical flute. He’s attended Master classes and Composition Workshops with Ennio Morricone, Ludovic Bource, Nicola Piovani, Michael Giacchino, Danny Elfman, Bruno Coulais, Abel Korzeniowski, Hans Zimmer, Murray Gold, Nathan Barr, Dave Grusin and Christopher Lennertz.
He also studied Orchestration and Composition with Conrad Pope, orchestrator for John Williams, Howard Shore, Alexandre Desplat, Alan Silvestri.
EDUCATION He takes private piano lessons with M°Matassini, M° Paolo Mikolajczyk and M°Enrico Reggioli; at the age of twelve he starts making his first experiments in Electronic Music and Computer Music, which will lead him to form several ensembles of modern music (i.e. DrinkwaterBand) with such points of reference as Stockhausen, Cage, and Zappa. He studies flute with M° Andreani (Ancient Music), Jousdottic and Adami (Classical Music). After getting the Liceo Classico school-leaving certificate, he attends the DAMS (Department of Music and Performing Arts) in Bologna, directing his studies towards Musical Education and Anthropology. [The following are the Musicological exams taken at the DAMS: History of Music; Methodology of Musical Education; Semiotics of Music; History of Medieval Music; History of Contemporary Music; Philosophy of Music; Psychology of Music; History of Musical Instruments; Ethnomusicology; Afro-American Musical Culture]. There, he also attends a Direction course and classes of History of Scenography in performing arts
- Danny Elfman Online Film Music Masterclass
- Online Courses Cinematic Composition – Andy Hill Scoring the Screen
- Hans Zimmer Masterclass at View Conference (Turin)
- Hans Zimmer Online Film Music Masterclass
- First Flute Masterclass with James Galway
- Studied in Wien (Hollywood Music Workshop) Orchestration and Composition with Conrad Pope, orchestrator for John Williams, Howard Shore, Alexandre Desplat, Alan Silvestri.
- He takes part in the Film Music Composition workshop in Cordoba (Spain), where he attends classes with Abel Kerzeniowski, Rolfe Kent, Christopher Lennetrz, Cesar Benito, John Lunn, Craig Safan, Sergio Moure de Orteyza
- Training courses Didactics of Music at Unimarconi (Rome)
- He gets the Master’s Degree in Didactics at the University of Macerata
- He is admitted to the “International Laboratory of Film Music” at “Centro Sperimentale di Cinematografia” in Rome where he studies with Ennio Morricone, Sergio Bassetti, Paolo Buonvino, Federico Savina, Carlo Siliotto, Giovanni Rotondo, Shie Rozow (Music Editor for Danny Elfman), Pivio, Carlo Crivelli.
- He attends the University Master on “Planning and Research in Education” at the University of Macerata, passing the final exam with full marks, with a dissertation on the relationship among Ear Training Skills and the Music of the Beatles.
- He attends the University Master on “Technologies for Education and Learning” at the University of Macerata, passing the final exam with full marks, with a dissertation on the relationship among Technology, Images, and Composition.
- He takes part in the Film Music Composition workshop in Ubeda (Spain), where he attends classes with Michael Giacchino (Academy Award Winner for “Up” and composer for the TV series “Lost”), Dave Grusin (Academy Award Winner for “Milagro” and composer for “The Goonies”), Nathan Barr (composer for the TV series “True Blood”), Randy Edelman (composer for the movie “Dragonheart”), Christopher Lennertz (composer for the movie “Alvin and the Chipmunks” and for the “Medal of Honor” videogames).
- He takes the teacher’s diploma exam for Music Education at Pesaro ‘s Conservatory. He passes the final exam with full marks writing a degree thesis (title: “Jazz: a Game for Kids”) dealing with the theme of teaching Improvisation to pupils plus a didactic project based on and dedicated to Musical Theatre.
- He takes his Jazz degree with full marks at Pesaro ‘s Conservatory, with a dissertation about how the flute came to Jazz Music; there, he studies Arrangement and Composition with Bruno Tommaso and Gian Marco Gualandi, Jazz Flute and Improvisation with Giulio Visibelli, History of Jazz Music with Stefano Zenni, Electronic Music with Eugenio Giordani, Piano with Enzo Veddovi.
From 2005 to 2008 he attends the classical flute course at the same Conservatory withM° Fulvio Farnedi. He’s also taken private lessons with the great saxophonist David Liebman and with the guitarist Augusto Mancinelli.
- He wins a scholarship of $5000 awarded by the Boston’s Berklee College of Music to the most praiseworthy musicians at the clinics held in Perugia (Umbria Jazz 2001), when he studies with Matt Marvuglio, Dave Clark, Jim Oldridge, Mark White and Jeff Stout.
- Seminar meeting with Goran Bregovic, “Balkan Melodies between Cinema and Music”.
- Workshop of Electro-Acoustic Composition with Tristain Murail and Salvatore Sciarrino.
- Summer courses of the Berklee College of Music of Boston held in Perugia during Umbria Jazz: he studies Flute with Matt Marvuglio, Improvisation with Mark White, Composition with Orville Wright and Greg Hopkins, and takes part in the extraordinary seminars of Winton Marsalis, James Moody and Gary Burton.
- Workshop of Improvisation with Michele Lo Muto, at CIMES, Bologna.
- Laboratory of Musical Informatics and New Technologies at the Electronic Music Studios of the Conservatory of Bologna (maestro Camilleri) and at the Fonoprint recording studios.
- Advanced seminar on problems and aspects of the twentieth-century music coordinated by Raffaele Pozzi.
OTHER STUDIO WORKS
From 2010 he starts to collaborate with several Music Libraries (Soundalike.net Scorekeepers, Rai Trade, R.t.i. Mediaset, Gdm Music, Felt Music) licensing compositions the most important worldwide tv Channels (Rai, Mediaset, History Channel, Discovery Channel, Pbs, National Geographic Channel and many others)
- He collaborates with Amicucci Formazione ( http://www.amicucciformazione.com ), a training company, composing music for business videos for ‘Ubi Banca’, ‘Indesit’, ‘Pirelli’, ‘Microsoft’.
- He composes and records music for the library of Smoothnotes Publishing (collaborations: RAI TRADE, MACHIAVELLI Music Images, R.T.I. Mediaset, FABLE MUSIC LTD, APBEAT)
- Several of his works are published in the library of http://www.soundiva.it , a company of Music Production that collaborates with Rai, Mediaset, Medusa, La7. Mtv, Disney Channel, Sky, All Music.
- From 1996 to 1999 he is involved in the musical direction of the shows by the “Stella” theatrical company (Aggiungi un Posto a Tavola, Forza Venite Gente, Beauty and the Beast).
- He starts working in the musical direction of the shows (Disney’s Magical Musical Moments, On Broadway) of the theatrical company “Ritmosfera”.
From 2003 he collaborates with Annalisa Corni’s Dreamstudios, producing and recording adverts and jingles.
His passion for musicals leads him to meet Pietro Garinei and to run his internet website up to the year 2001.
From the year 2000, he collaborates with Carlo Gargioni (formerly an arranger and keyboard player for Fabio Concato, Ornella Vanoni and Angelo Branduardi) as an author and arranger, recording several cds of production music, broadcasted on radio RAI and Mediaset.
His works are made at his project studio in Italy. The project studio is focused on Cubase and equipped with the most recent libraries of orchestral samples.
TEACHING AND ASSOCIATIONS Founding member of ACMF Italian Association of Film Composer, Ennio Morricone is the honorary president, other honorary members are Roger Waters, Hans Zimmer, Michael Nyman, Nicola Piovani,
SIAE member from 1997 as Composer and Lyricist.
ASCAP and PRS member from 2013 as a composer
Member of Sidma (Italian Society of Afro-American Musicology) from 2006.
From 2013 collaborates with National School of Cinema (Cinecittà, Rome) teaching at the International Film Music Lab (Artistic Directors Ludovic Bource and Bruno Coulais)
From 2009 he’s Music Teacher in Middle School
In 2005, he founds the “Eccetera” Cultural Association, which promotes and carries out original projects dealing with theatre and music.
From 2004 he is the artistic director and the promoter of Jazzfriends.it festival(www.jazzfriends.it).
From the year 2004, he teaches Jazz, Piano, Flute and Singing at the School of Performing Arts Ritmosfera ( http://www.ritmosfera.it ).
From 1998 to 2003, he works at the Liceo Musicale “Toscanini” of the ‘International Music Institute’, teaching flute, piano, musical theory and solfeggio; besides, he teaches music education in primary schools.
He performed with: Carlo Gargioni, Teo Ciavarella, Paolo Fresu, Hengel Gualdi, Antonio Marangolo, Roberto Manuzzi, Pietro Condorelli, Tino Tracanna, Hiram Bullock, Cheryl Porter, Lucio Dalla, Jeff Berlin, Stefano Mora, Emiliano Rodriguez, Piero delle Monache, Francesco Bigoni, Massimo Tagliata, Mirko Guerrini, Stefano Bollani, Elio (from le Storie Tese).
In several occasions, he had the pleasure to be the opening act for the concerts of Larry Coryell, Kenny Barron and Irio de Paula.
Concerts and Festivals Bologna Jazz Festival, Alma Jazz, Umbria Jazz, Sant’Elpidio Jazz, Parco dei Teatri Jazz, Jazzfriends.it, La scuderia (Bologna), Cantina Bentivoglio (Bologna), Teatro Comunale of Bologna, Perla Gio Jazz 2009, Superstar Awards (a RAI tv-programme presented by Natasha Stefanenko), Sarteano Jazz, Lascensore Jazz Club, Jazz in Lamis Festival, “Magical Mistery Night” (Arena del Mare di Genova), Tuttoingioco (a biennial of art in Civitanova Alta).
2010 – The book “Il Flauto Jazz” (“The Jazz Flute”) quotes him as one of the best Jazz flutists in Italy.
In 2009 he performs with the band Keyes III, a jazz trio that plays original songs, jazz standards and jazz arrangements of the classics of Music history.
In 2005 he establishes the Odd Times Quintet (among their projects: a show with original
pieces inspired by Italo Calvino’s “If on a Winters Night a Traveller” and another one with music from Mozart, performed in a Jazz mood), performing in several theatres and Jazz festivals, together with Stefano Bollani and Mirko Guerrini.
In 2003 he brings to life the Brookolino Project, a Jazz band, and in 2005 and 2008 he performs with Stefano Belisari (Elio e le Storie Tese) for a tribute concert of the 1930s-40s Italian song.
From 2002 he becomes a member of the DAMS Jazz Orchestra conducted by Teo Ciavarella, performing at the Teatro Comunale of Bologna and at Umbria Jazz, and recording a tribute cd to Stevie Wonder, “Wonderland”.
From 2001 he performs with Fulvio Rusticucci, a classical guitarist, with whom he starts
the duo called Re Lear, proposing original music for flute and classical guitar, inspired by medieval music and Celtic music.
From the year 1993, he collaborates as keyboard player with several rock bands (The Roaches, Sybilla, Keep Out, Drinkwater Band, Le Trote Nokohori).
All Against All (2020)
La Sorpresa (2015)
Rocks in My Pockets (2015)
Frames per Seconds (2014) KeyeStudioS
Dramedy (2013) Gdm Music
Hyde’s Secret Nightmare (2012) Kronos Records
Film Music and Soundtracks (2011) Smoothnotes Publishing
Poetry of Eerie (2011) DVD Registi Vari
The Museum of Wonders (2010) DVD Domiziano Cristopharo
Cinematic Film Music Scores (2010) Smoothnotes Publishing
La situazione del Jazz e’ Altalienante (EP – 2009) Zimbalam
Ethnicity (2009) Soundiva
Lounge Chillout (2009) Soundiva
Serene, Positive, Neutral (2009) Soundiva
Jazzfriends for Emergency (2008) Philology Jazz
Tropical Steel ‘Combo de la Muerte’ (2008) No Shoes Records
Fashion Lounge (2008) Galletti e Boston
Wonderland (2005) Dams Jazz Orchestra , Alma Entertainment
Latin Vibe 2 (2004) Latin Vibe, Antibe Music
Sounds from Middle Earth (2003), Keyes Music
Latin Vibe (2003) Latin Vibe, Antibe Music
Instrumental Landscape (2001), MP3com
Il Jazz è un gioco da ragazzi (2017) Progetti Sonori
Le origini del Flauto nella Musica Jazz (2010) Libro Lulu Publishing
Moda mia (2017)
La Sorpresa (2015)
Rocks in My Pockets (2015)
Hyde’s Secret Nightmare (2012)
Tamburini la Costruzione del potere (2011) DVD
Butterfly Rising (Movie – 2009) Tanya Wright
La fano dei Cesari (Documentary – 2009) DVD Hegofilm